860 Harrington Court
Burlington, ON L7N 3N4
Fax: (905) 632-0778
Web site: www.cdhalton.ca
President: Nina Truscott
Executive Director: Joey Edwardh, Ph.D. A United Way Agency
Community Outreach Worker: North BurLINKton Neighbourhood Project (.4 fte)
The Community Outreach Worker will be part of a North BurLINKton Project Team, to implement a one
year project focused on neighbourhood building. The Community Outreach Worker will focus on
connecting with and supporting the involvement of children and youth in the project.
1. Support the overall development and implementation of the North Burlington Neighbourhood
2. Conduct outreach in north Burlington neighbourhoods.
3. Help plan and implement youth activities and events in north Burlington neighbourhoods.
4. Plan and implement after school programming one day/week. (crafts, games, social skills and
5. Work with the team to plan and implement a summer child and youth outreach program.
6. Work with and support youth volunteers throughout the project.
7. Participate in evaluation efforts through this initiative.
The Community Outreach Worker must have solid program planning skills and a minimum of 2-3 years’
experience in community-based recreation settings working with children and youth. The position
requires volunteer management skills and an understanding of community development and civic
The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills, proficiency with social media and
computer applications. Access to a vehicle with insurance, possession of a valid driver’s license
reliable form of transportation will be necessary. Preference will be given to a qualified Burlington
resident who has a strong knowledge of the community.
The position is a part-time (14 hours/week), one year contract with Community Development Halton.
The Community Outreach Worker will be accountable to the CDH Social Planner responsible for the
North BurLINKton Neighbourhood project. Please submit a letter of interest and resume via email to:or other
accepted until January 10th.
Community Development Halton is an equal-opportunity employer.or mail to CDH 860 Harrington Court, Burlington ON L7N 3N4. Resumes will be