ChairCaroline Hughes, Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd.
- Caroline Hughes is the Vice President of Government Relations at Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd., where she and her staff conduct strategic analyses and dialogue with all levels of government regarding public policy and economic issues of importance to Ford of Canada and the Canadian vehicle industry. more
Ms. Hughes is also responsible for developing Ford of Canada’s long-range forecasts for new vehicle sales in Canada, and for tracking and reporting Canadian economic trends to senior management. In addition to her Government Relations responsibilities, Ms. Hughes works with Ford’s US manufacturing and product teams on strategic issues involving Ford’s Canadian manufacturing operations. Ms. Hughes was part of the Ford team that developed the project to convert Ford’s Oakville Assembly Plant into a world-class flexible assembly plant, and a member of the team that is presently working to convert Ford’s Essex Engine Plant into a flexible engine manufacturing facility. Ms. Hughes also led the Canadian efforts to develop a Canadian demonstration project for 10 Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine Shuttle buses. Ms. Hughes has more than 25 years experience with Ford of Canada, having worked in several capacities within Ford’s Finance and Canadian Vehicle Sales Division. Ms Hughes holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from St. Michael’s College, University of Toronto and an M.B.A. (Finance) from the Schulich School of Business, York University.
Vice-Chair & Chair ElectKen Nevar, Cooper Construction Ltd.
- Ken is the President of Cooper Construction Limited. Founded in Hamilton, Ontario in 1905, Cooper had a long history as a family-owned general contractor constructing institutional and commercial buildings in both the public and private sectors. more
Ken joined Cooper Construction in 1979 and has played a pivotal role in transforming the company into one of the leading design builders and industrial land developers in the GTA. In recent years, the company has earned an enviable reputation based on its diverse experience, versatility and management depth which have enabled it to successfully complete over 300 design build projects for a long list of corporate clients and tenants. The company acquires and develops its own industrial lands, principally in the western GTA, to serve as a platform for its design build projects and to offer tenants and clients a single-source project delivery capability. The company has developed industrial parks in most municipalities in the western GTA including Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington and Milton.
Vice-ChairTim Caddigan, Cogeco Cable Canada LP
- Tim Caddigan is Senior Director of Programming and Community Relations for Cogeco Cable Canada. more
In his role, he oversees 22 local television channels across Ontario and is involved in community initiatives in each of the municipalities that the company serves. Tim holds an MBA (Marketing) from Queen’s University and continues to support the Queen’s School of Business working with incoming students and teams. He is a strong supporter of local communities and has worked on fundraising efforts related to health care and has held volunteer positions with several arts groups. A multi-faceted communications company, Cogeco Cable is the second‐largest cable operation in Ontario and Québec providing residential and commercial cable television, high speed internet and telephony services. Cogeco is a leading corporate presence in the Oakville area, a strong employer and a long time supporter of the Chamber of Commerce. Tim is very pleased to be a board member with the Oakville Chamber of Commerce.
Vice-ChairMark Egbedeyi-Emmanuel,P.Eng, Union Gas Limited
- Mark Egbedeyi-Emmanuel, born in Nigeria, is a Professional Engineer. Mark started his career in Union Gas in July 2002. more
In 2011 he was promoted to the position of District Manager for Windsor/Chatham and is currently the District Manager in Hamilton/Halton for Union Gas. He resides with his family in Oakville. Mark has worked in the gas industry in Nigeria, UK and Canada. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, an Applied Executive Leadership certificate from Queen’s University School of Business, and a Mini-MBA from the University of Windsor. Mark strongly supports community volunteering and was very active in several organizations, committees and clubs in Windsor/Chatham including: Past Area 42 Governor for all Toastmasters Clubs in Chatham, Past President of the Board of the Cultural Coalition of Chatham, Past Chair of the Energy and Environment committee, and a past Board member of the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce, Past member of the Board for the Multicultural Council of Windsor/Essex, Current member of the Ontario Trillium Foundation – Grant Review Team in Halton & Peel Region. Mark is married to his wife, Ellen, and they are blessed with one son and two daughters.
Immediate Past ChairKerry Colborne, Force 10 Capital Management
- Kerry Colborne is a seasoned business executive with international experience gained through a long career in the finance, pharmaceutical and chemical industries. more
Specific roles include Managing Director (CEO) of New Zealand and Global Marketing Director (in both Lyon, France and Duluth, Georgia) for Merial a leading company in the animal health sector. More recently, she played a role in supporting small and medium sized businesses in the Oakville and Burlington area by providing financing as a Senior Manager of Loans with the Business Development Bank of Canada. Finally, she has returned to her entrepreneurial roots by working full time for her own company, Force 10 Capital Management Inc., which she established in 2007. Upon returning to Canada in 2005 she made it her mission to give back to the community and has done so by becoming a Big Sister (though her “Little” just turned 19!) She also served as a Director for the Board of the Oakville Arts Council for four years before acting as Treasurer for one year and continues to participate as a Judge for the Oakville Awards for Business Excellence. In her spare time she is an avid sailor, soccer player and art collector.
TreasurerBarry Wylie, Canadian Club of Halton
- Born in Winnipeg before colour television, personal computers and cell phones, Barry, along with his pharmacist wife Angie, has lived in Oakville since 1977. more
With 13 years in public practice at Price Waterhouse and 22 years in the corporate accounting and finance field, he has a firm grasp on a wide range of business needs including budgeting, cash flow projections, accounting policies, internal controls, reporting, etc. He can also instantly spot spelling errors, missing or superfluous punctuation marks, grammatical errors and the irritating misuse of i.e., e.g., its and it’s! A greater than normal interest in wine has designated him unofficially as the Chamber’s oenophile. In addition to being the Chamber’s Treasurer since 2006, Barry is also the volunteer President of the not-for-profit Canadian Club of Halton that has been presenting guest speaker dinners on a wide range of subjects since 1986. He has been nominated twice for the Oakville Community Spirit Awards.
Corporate SecretaryCameron Neil, Feltmate, Delibato, Heagle LLP
- A lawyer with the law firm Feltmate Delibato Heagle LLP, Cam’s practice is strictly focused on civil litigation, including contract and construction disputes, estate litigation, consumer protection, commercial litigation, collections, torts, product liability, and landlord and tenant disputes. more
In addition to his directorship with the Oakville Chamber of Commerce, Cam volunteers his time as pro bono legal counsel to local not-for-profits and charitable organizations. He is a member of the Advocates’ Society, the Ontario Bar Association, the Ontario Trial Lawyers’ Association and the law associations of both Halton and Hamilton, and he is pleased to live and work in Oakville.
DirectorsDon Bassindale, Re-Max Aboutowne Realty Corp.
- Don Bassindale is an Oakville and area real estate broker who has over 20 years of experience helping buyers and sellers with all their realty needs, with a special focus on residential transactions. more
His years of hard work have earned him multiple accolades, and he has even obtained the prestigious RE/MAX Hall of Fame award. Don is also involved with many real estate associations, working with and volunteering for several organizations over the years including the Oakville, Milton and District Real Estate Board, where he currently serves as chair of the trade show committee, and sits on the education committee. He has also served on the board of directors for OMDREB and also has served on the board of directors for the Canadian Condominium Institute Golden Horseshoe Chapter for eight years. He currently sits on the real estate committee and chairs the education committee and is member of the discipline committee for the Real Estate Council of Ontario. At the Oakville Chamber of Commerce he is a director and member of the Aon Good Morning Oakville Committee and Golf committee. Don is also very committed to his church, acting as an elder and a worship leader.
- Todd Courage is the President of Courage Distributing Inc. which he founded in 1989 with his brother Trent Courage. more
Over the past 20 years, Courage has gained a reputation as a leader in the Canadian window film industry. Todd and his brother also founded the Courage Polar Bear Dip in 1985. The Courage for Polar Bear Dip for World Vision is an annual charitable event that happens each New Years day at Coronation Park in Oakville. In 2012, Todd received the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for Philanthropy for all he does to give back to his community. Todd received his BA, Economics and Business Studies from Concordia University. Courage Distributing Inc. is a long time supporter of the Chamber of Commerce. Todd is very pleased to be a board member with the Oakville Chamber of Commerce.
- Mary DeSousa is the Executive Vice President of Marketing at FirstOntario Credit Union. more A twenty-year financial services marketing professional, Mary De Sousa joined FirstOntario Credit Union in 2010 as Assistant Vice President of Marketing. Mary took on the role of directing all facets of marketing and communication for the credit union. Her experience in marketing and the financial services industry, combined with her extensive industry knowledge, led to her appointment in 2013 as Executive Vice President. Her responsibilities include Member experience, Sales, marketing and communications, government relations and corporate social responsibility. Mary was also a member of the Athena Oakville Steering Committee – a group that recognized women executives who gave their time and expertise to local community initiatives. She was a Board Member for Oakville Economic Development and she served for two years as a member of the McMaster Children’s Hospital Fundraising council. She is currently a member of the Brock University Board of Trustees and the Oakville Chamber. Mary completed a Masters Certificate in Marketing and Communications from the Schulich School of Business in 2004. She also holds a Bachelors degree in Marketing from Brock University.
- Doug Eglington is the Chairman of Euro-Line Appliances, the company he founded in 1987. more
Doug founded Euro-Line Appliances in January 1987 when he and his wife moved to Canada from South Africa. For over 25 years Euro-Line Appliances has brought elite European engineer appliances to Canadian homes. During this time, Euro-Line Appliances has grown from 2 employees to 21. As a seasoned entrepreneur, Doug will bring great expertise to the Oakville Chamber.
- Ishrani Henry and her family have been calling Oakville home for the past twelve years. more
Ishrani ventured into entrepreneurship in 2002 with her husband, Randolph, when they both gave up their corporate jobs and started AAR Automotive Repair, a full-service automotive repair and maintenance shop in Oakville. Two years ago, they bought into the Integra Tire Franchise and became Integra Tire Oakville. Ishrani has a Business and Accounting Diploma from Sheridan College and continues to enhance her education by taking various courses in leadership, sales and marketing. Ishrani enjoys reading, entertaining and spending time with her family and friends. A firm believer in giving back to her community, she is no stranger to philanthropic work. She is a member of the May Court Club of Oakville, 100 Women Who Care Oakville, is involved with the Darling Home for Kids, and The Optimist Club of Oakville. In the past few years, Ishrani and her family and friends have organized and hosted two Valentine galas raising over $10,000 for the Heart and Stroke Foundation and $15,000 for the Cardiology Department of the New Oakville Hospital. Ishrani gathers her family and friends every Christmas season to make and serve a holiday dinner at Kerr Street Ministries. Ishrani serves on the Chamber’s Small Business Week Committee.
- Orla Johnston is the President of SOCS Retail Solutions Inc., an award-winning, full service marketing and advertising agency located in Oakville and Co-Founder of Terava Sales, a sales and distribution company that partners with 30+ companies to bring their products to the online retailers, and the incentive/loyalty channel. more
She holds an Hons.BA Geography (Urban Development) from the University of Western Ontario. Her business expertise is concentrated in marketing, new business development and advertising. Prior to her work at SOCS Retail Solutions, Orla held management and senior management positions with Kyocera Wireless, Qualcomm International, Bell Distribution Inc, Bell Mobility, Granada Canada, Panasonic and Compusearch Market Research.
- Jennifer obtained her Bachelors of Science in Nursing from the University of Toronto and also holds a Bachelor of Science in Biology from Queen’s University. more
She founded CalaCare in 2012 out of a passion to help seniors and those living with serious illness or injury to remain as independent as possible. She began her career as a nurse in the Emergency Department and repeatedly saw the need for one-on-one care to prevent complications, improve recovery, and provide much needed respite for family caregivers.CalaCare now provides thousands of hours of care each month, which ranges from simple household chores to complex end- of- life nursing care. Every hour that CalaCare serves a client, they are bridging the gaps and empowering people to remain safe and comfortable in their own home. Jennifer’s dedication to the highest standards of professionalism and quality care continue to be the cornerstones of her business.Jennifer is actively involved in the Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs Group and wants to see the entrepreneurial spirit grow in Oakville’s youth. Jennifer and her husband moved to Oakville in 2012 and they love it so much that now they can’t imagine living anywhere else. Jennifer is honoured to serve on the Oakville Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
- Lisa joined Sheridan in September 2010, and is currently the Vice President, Advancement and External Relations. more
As an advancement professional with more than 17 years’ experience, Lisa has extensive experience in both Canada and the United States. Focusing her energies primarily within the Community College system, Lisa has provided leadership and support as Chief Advancement Officer and Foundation Executive Director for colleges in Kentucky, Indiana, and Ontario. While in the United States, Lisa was very involved in her community and worked as an active Board Member on behalf of several agencies including United Way, Junior Achievement and Holly’s House. She was also an adjunct instructor in the Sociology Department at the University of Evansville, IN. Lisa spent the early years of her career in Ontario within the social service sector, as a Young Offender Probation Officer and Provincial Director with the Ministry of Community and Social Services. Lisa holds a Master of Public Administration degree from Indiana State University and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Toronto. She is currently completing her Ed.D. at Northeastern University.
- Rafal is an Assurance Partner in PwC’s Private Company Services Group. He has more than 14 years of broad experience in all aspects of accounting, auditing, taxation and business advisory services. more
Rafal has a strong passion for working with owner-managed, local as well as international privately-held companies. He serves his clients in a wide range of services from assurance, growth strategy to tax planning. Rafal brings quality ideas to his clients that are both effective and pragmatic, which collectively make him a well rounded Trusted Business Advisor. Rafal is married to his wife Maggie, and they have two awesome children. Rafal is very excited to be a Director for the Oakville Chamber of Commerce.
- Hal is a partner at Intelligent Office Oakville and Regional Sales Manager for Central Technology Services. more
His background includes over 30 years providing customized financial solutions to enterprises looking to acquire technology. His interest in helping small business owners take advantage of virtual, cost effective technology and office space services led to the opening of Intelligent Office Oakville in 2008 in the Westbury Corporate Centre. He is a member and past President of the Oakville Golf Club and First Oakville Toastmasters and his family have been residents of Oakville since 1989. A graduate of the University of Western Ontario, he also played two years on the varsity curling team. Hal is grateful for the opportunity to live, work and play in the best town in Ontario and to be able to give back to that community.
- Susan is the owner of Cherrington Consulting Ltd, and is a business consultant with extensive experience in foodservice and Not-for-Profit. more
She has a diverse portfolio with her foodservice experience previously working with Wendy’s Restaurants of Canada including Quality Assurance and Food Safety, Regulatory Compliance, Government Relations, Crisis Management, Operations Services and Information Technology with a passion for a high level of customer service. Her Not-for-Profit experience includes board positions, committee work and project work in the areas of government relations, fundraising, event management and stakeholder relations. Susan is a passionate supporter of the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption Canada – Wendy’s Charity of Choice that finds permanent and loving homes for children in the Canadian foster care system. Susan and her husband Wayne are proud parents to their young daughter and they love spending time enjoying the Oakville community. Susan is honoured to serve on the Oakville Chamber of Commerce Board.